Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Lessons Learned

by Cheryl Merrick

I have no regrets.
I did what was right at that time.
I have helped others and learned a great deal.

Being a wife and mother enlarged my heart.
Being ill has helped me develop empathy, patience, and
an increased unity with my husband,
Serving as a Primary teacher and In-Service Leader (teacher of teachers),*
I learned about teaching, and working with others.

Sponsoring a Cambodian refugee family,
increased my understanding of people.
My 17 years as an editor taught me
about holding onto principles.
Writing for the Ensign
gave me experience and confidence as a writer.
Volunteering for ten years at the elementary school
and applying for teaching positions,
built my confidence as a professional teacher.
My four years as a visiting teaching coordinator* and at the BYU** ward,
taught me to reach out to others in love.
My year of answering feedback as a Church Service missionary,
has deepened my testimony of the Gospel
and taught me to respond with love.

I’m thankful for the Lord’s
guidance in my life
and the lessons He has
guided me to learn.

*volunteer teaching positions in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
**Brigham Young University has their student body divided into church units of around 400 people



No comments:

Post a Comment