Monday, March 28, 2016

How to Be Cheerful

by Cheryl Merrick

Praying to know what to do
to be happier, more cheerful,
and enjoy my day
The answer comes:
Don’t become stressed or over-tired
Just take good care of yourself

Tossing aside “shoulds”
I’m learning to listen to my body.
When I am beginning to feel tired – I stop
If I don’t feel like doing it – I don’t
When I can delegate – I do


I’m learning to
have some structure and balance to my day
reserve time for creative projects
serve through writing:
LDS.org, letters, sharing poems, emails and blogs
prioritize and manage details better
accomplish family history
and devote time to study

I pray for help to have the discipline
to take medicine on time
to exercise hourly, but never become tired
to eat the right foods at the right time in the right amounts
to get enough sleep at night
to stay comfortable neither too hot or too cold
to relax and never push myself to get something done
to have plenty of time alone to relax and create

This is how to be cheerful --
for me


No comments:

Post a Comment