Friday, March 25, 2016

Prepared for this Work

by Cheryl Merrick

At the threshold of missionary service
I’m poised.
Wondering if I can do this work,
the confirming thought,
“You have been prepared for this”,
fills my mind with peace.

Remembering all the hours
I have struggled with writing articles
for the Ensign and the Stake* newspaper,
I see how my talents
have been honed.


I think also of the many difficult
policy decisions and confidences
I had to keep as a City and Stake editor.

I had to learn to make a point
clearly and succinctly,
set priorities, organize,
and work effectively with others.

Being ill has given me needed
understanding of he Gospel.
As I have had time to study
and ponder true principles,
I’ve grown closer
to my Heavenly Father.

Yes, when fears assail me,
I can respond with
the confidant assurance,
that I have been
Prepared for This Work

*half of our small town; about 3000 people; church unit of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment