Friday, March 25, 2016

Questions

by Cheryl Merrick

Will I turn to the
right or to the left?
Knowing once chosen,
my day will be determined,
I stop and consider.

Which  path will best
help me reach my goals?
Will time spent in executing
a multitude of details
really help me and others
progress?

Are my  priorities focused
on eternal  truths?
Does this activity add to my life,
or detract?
Can  someone else do this task
better and faster than me?
What will I say "No" to
if  I say "Yes" to this?
Will doing it stress me
physically or spiritually?
Will  this choice nurture my spirit?
Will it help others grow?
Is this something essential?
If not, why am I doing it?
Am I using my talents?
Will it nurture relationships,
or just fill time with busyness?
Will it create beauty and joy in my life?
Will my action bring me peace?
Will it lead me closer to God?

After pausing to consider,
I veer from   the highway,
choosing the meandering  path
my spirit senses
to  be  the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment