Monday, March 28, 2016

Living in Balance

by Cheryl Merrick

With the priority
of building eternal relationships,
I’m focusing my energies on just a few things--
scripture study, family nurturing,
and missionary work.

I’m setting more realistic goals--
eliminating those details and commitments
which don’t directly relate to my goals
and which drain my limited energies--
teaching writing and visiting teaching callings.


I’m avoiding going places
which stress my weak immune system--
stores, church, temple, homes, and other public places.

I’m finally even making time to care for myself--
to get the rest, exercise, and relaxation
I need to feel better and be more cheerful.

I’m making time to think, study, write, and pray.
At last I’m trying to live in balance.


No comments:

Post a Comment