Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Will I?

by Cheryl Merrick

Will I go back to my old ways,
merely responding,
losing my balance once again
my priority center life
fading into a dim memory?

Or will I lovingly lead and help him to
soften his critical replies,
relating to people with support and love?


Will I grow tired of the relentless
focus on accomplishing details,
and, once more falling into depression,
sit withdrawn in my corner,
allowing him to manage our lives?

Will I have the strength to hold
to my convictions,
or will I try to simply
take the course of least resistance,
attempting to minimize friction
by being like him?

Will I be myself,
or becoming caught up in his world,
spend my time
trying to avoid correction
by being meticulously neat?

Will I be open and laugh, dance,
and write poems,
or will I be tense and ill,
ever striving to please?

Will we allow our relationship to grow,
experiencing warmth and joy together
by seeking the Lord’s help
to change our weaknesses into strengths?

No comments:

Post a Comment