Monday, April 4, 2016

It Worked!

by Cheryl Merrick

Details in order
by the time my husband left,
I began my day with
prayer, writing a poem, & thinking,
followed by half an hour
of scripture study
as I exercised on the treadmill.

Next, I sent some special notes to friends,
spent time studying personality type,
checked my adrenal blog and found
        over 500 people have visited it since February!
set up a more personal journal type blog
          for Mormon.org
typed up (in beautiful colors, of course!)
 my ideas on introversion and extroversion of personality traits
and spent forty minutes on family history


Content with a full, satisfying day,
I shared my accomplishments with my husband,
then spent the evening answering emails,
finished the laundry,
watching part of an old movie together,
and ended with soaking in a hot tub
while I read a conference talk, health information
and a fun story before going to bed.

Though the details came last,
they still got done,
but most importantly,
I finally got things
I valued done.
It Worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment