Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Success

by Cheryl Merrick

Tired of glazed-over looks
and being ignored,
I vowed
never again
to offer my ideas
to THEM.

Prompted by a loving Father
to again share my talents,
I applied my ability
to see the whole picture
to designing a plan
which would meet the women’s needs.


This time instead of suddenly blurting out
a half thought out idea in a meeting,
I was guided to present my plan,
in an organized, detailed, written form
at the beginning planning stage
where my ideas could serve as a guide
before the course was set.

To my amazement
My ideas were actually implemented ,
giving me the satisfaction of knowing
that I had contributed to making
a beautiful, relaxing Christmas dinner
for the women in my ward.

Understanding now how to better
communicate my ideas,
I look forward
to sharing my gifts in the future.

ward is a group of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; it is usually around 400 people who near each other
12/16/07


No comments:

Post a Comment