Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Opposites

by Cheryl Merrick

How can he be so different from me?
Was this really meant to be?
I’ve heard opposites attract
but isn’t this carrying it too far?

He could live forever in a world of bright red,
while I crave seasonal change
and a pastel palate. 
He spends his time happily ever doing, doing, doing,
while I refresh in quiet moments.
He wants his music classical and his art realistic,
while I enjoy an eclectic beat and impressionistic art.
He likes history and I psychology.
He strives to get the job done,
while I seek to nurture relationships.
His focus is on the details,
and mine on the big picture.
While he meticulously balances our finances,
I scribble down feelings and thoughts.
My thoughts flash as whole images,
ever changing, growing and redefining,
while his build block by block
til the structure is complete, finished. 
He lives in the moment in a world he can see and touch,
while I dream of future possibilities. 
While I light his way and people his world,
he makes my possibilities into reality,
Our opposites blending together,
balancing, expanding our abilities, and our joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment