Thursday, October 2, 2014

A New Love

 by Cheryl Merrick


It is too soon to even speak of marriage
with a love so new,
but the love is there.
Unaware of the intensity of their feelings, 
they believe these is nothing to show.
But I have seen their love
in the tender sparkle of his eyes
and the glow on my daughter’s face.

She has never looked
so happy, or so beautiful.
As I see her,
my mother’s heart runs rampant
with thoughts of wedding & grandchildren.
Determinedly, I strive to restrain
my bounding enthusiasm,
to allow time for their love to grow
at its own pace.
In this quiet waiting time,
memories of our courtship & marriage
fill my mind.
And in my heart a prayer begins to grow
that they might learn, now,
to allow The Lord to forever make
their love new.

No comments:

Post a Comment