Sunday, September 28, 2014

New

by Cheryl Merrick
(I wrote this three years ago after finding out that I was allergic to all plastics and needed to remove them from my home. I have Addison's disease and my health had reached a point where I could barely think, see, move, eat, or sleep. We knew I was dying, but no one had any ideas of anything we could even try to help me. )

So much has been stripped away
     decorations, furniture,
   old patterns of behavior,
   lots of clutter
   and lots of plastic
Some leaving small holes in my heart
    as a cherished memento is discarded,
    but also it is as if a weight is being lifted off of me
    as my life is becoming simpler


Energy and strength are increasing

Headaches and pain are decreasing

I’m sleeping better

My blood pressure is more stable
and I’m more cheerful

Life just seems easier

and I can think clearly!
I’m having to replace
some plastic things
and use the things I have in better ways

There have been so many changes

I long to have things settled
I’ve worried about my husband
As I have prayed for help for both of us
in making the changes we need to make,
The Lord is helping us each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment