Sunday, September 28, 2014

Blessings in Disguise

by Cheryl Merrick

If I’d had good health
would I have changed?
Would I still be anxiously attempting
to meet everyone’s every need and want?
Would I have ever learned to lead,
instead of just reacting to people?
Would I have learned to set limits
and ask for help?


Would I have learned to work with my husband?

Would we have shared our hearts?
Would we have become united?
Would we have the joy we have now?

Would I have spent as much time

talking with and teaching our children?
Would I have relaxed
and spent time listening to friends?
Would I have taken the time
to develop and share my writing talents?

Would I have turned to the scriptures for answers,

or prayed as fervently for help?
Would I have kept focused on eternal goals,
or would I have gotten lost in mundane pursuits?
Would I have learned to trust the Lord
and felt His love for me?

Though, at first I only saw them

as obstacles in my path,
now I give thanks for my
Blessings in Disguise

No comments:

Post a Comment