Sunday, September 28, 2014

Knowing

by Cheryl Merrick

Do I really want to know the future?
Would I have had the courage to marry
if I had known the challengers that were ahead of me
with my health, marriage, and children?
Would I have enjoyed our family moments together
if I had known of the estrangement which lie in the future.
Would I have despaired when I learned
that I would not be able to go in places?

Would I be like the third grader who panics
when hearing of high school requirements,
Not realizing that what seems impossible to me now
would only be challenging in the future;
Not realizing that the Lord will prepare
and strengthen me to do whatever I need to do;
Not realizing that the Spirit can give joy
 even in the midst of challenge;
Not understanding that my experiences are opportunities
given me by a knowing Heavenly Father
 to realize my eternal potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment