Sunday, September 28, 2014

I Could Still

by Cheryl Merrick

If I were blind
I could still think,  plan, and learn.
I could listen to scriptures, Church manuals and magazines, videos, stories, and shows.
I would go for walks, ride a tandem bike, dance
and ride in my wheelchair.
I cold enjoy the sounds and feel of nature.

I could feel the sunshine, breezes, and hot and cold.
I could council, teach, and tutor others
I could still help my husband manage his business
and help with the writing
I could use technology to help me:
e-books and voice mail to answer emails.
I could enjoy smells and tastes and savor good food.
I could write poems and family history stories.
I could wash laundry, fold and put away;
clean counters and make the bed.
I could manage our home.
I could enjoy music, hot baths, and singing.
I could call family and friends
and give them encouragement and support.
I could serve on the phone.
I can take the sacrament and listen to Sacrament meeting.
I could enjoy family socials.
I can share hugs, laughter, and love.
I could care for myself, and
I could still grow
and become more like our Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment