Wednesday, December 30, 2020

What I choose

Do I value
the popular and conventional
or the uniquely beautiful?

Do I follow social customs
or true principles?

Am I content to stay as I am
or do I have a drive to reach higher?

Do I believe that "it can't be done"
or that "the impossible only 
takes a little longer"?

Do I accept the status quo
or constantly question it?

Is my mind placidly accepting
or racing to find possible solutions.

Do I live among cluttered knick knacks
or in elegant simplicity?

Do I stick with the "tried and true"
or venture into the unknown?

Do I follow the beaten path
or bravely blaze a new trail 
for others to follow?

Do I seek recipes and models
or create my own designs?

Do I dwell in the past
or anticipate the future?

Am I content to stay as I am
or am I ever striving 
to learn and grow? 

Would I rather follow others
or inspire them to be better?

Do I accept the present "reality"
or try to make it into what it could be?

Do I just live for today
or with hope for brighter tomorrows?

Do I see only the physical world
or savor the nuances of the spiritual?

Am I content to just be as I am
or do I strive to become like 
my Heavenly Father. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment