Friday, August 3, 2018

I'm Here At Last!

by Cheryl Merrick
Though, it has taken six months; 
the fog has finally lifted.
The constant, crushing fatigue is abating.
No longer am I stumbling around:
dopy, confused, and jittery.

Relishing the ability to think, 

 remember, see, and move; 
 I care for myself.
Hopeful that my hard earned
 ability to make competent decisions
 will ensure continued health;
 I face each day. 


At last, I feel free!
With chemicals no longer
 controlling my life,
the gloom, emotional instability,
 and depression have lifted.

 As my damaged body
 has struggled to eliminate
the build up of toxic chemicals
 within my body, 
I no longer spend my day drifting
 in and out of consciousness:
 half asleep. 

I am here,

 and, even if it means
 never being able to enter 
 a building again. 
 I intend to stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment