Tuesday, February 23, 2021

All That Really Matters

By Cheryl Merrick
Though I can no longer hike,
I have fun on my electric bike.

Though I can no longer sing or dance,
I am still enchanted by music.

Though my eyes tire quickly,
the words others read to me
nourish my soul.

Though I do not have the energy to travel,
I enjoy our home area and others' trips.

Though I exhaust quickly with household chores,
I delight in the time I have to create.

Though I stumble in this world of reality,
I soar in the realm of imagination.

Though I cannot bustle through my day,
I actually prefer the quiet, thoughtful life.

Though I cannot join others in socials,
I instead relate deeply and individually.

Though there are many things I cannot do,
I can learn, grow, love, and serve. 

Though I cannot do all some expect,
I can do all that really matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment