Monday, January 21, 2019

Being Healed

By Cheryl Merrick

For years I pled
to immediately be healed.
When it didn't happen,
I resignedly accepted
my "learning experiences"
and wearily plodded through life.

Now, after nearly 50 years
of unhappily bemoaning
my burden of "poor health", 
I'm grateful that my requests
for the strength to perform
endless homemaking details
were not granted.


As I'm coming to understand the depth
of my Heavenly Father's love for me,
I see that He wants more
for me than to merely use me
to care for others.

My healing has come quietly
as my Heavenly Father has helped
me to finally quit pushing myself
to be the person I thought 
I should be, but couldn't.
As I have come to appreciate
the spiritual gifts I have been given,
I am being made whole,
and, at last, am just being myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment