Sunday, March 18, 2018

Simple Lessons

by Cheryl Merrick
Some lessons are simple:
"You can't take more
out of a bucket,
than you put into it",
and "You can't reap what 
you have not sown."

Logically I understand,

but when it comes to
patiently and slowly
filling my bucket,
or carefully sowing
and nurturing my field,
my understanding vanishes.


I want to keep going

without stopping to rest
and refill my bucket.
I want to reap the benefits
of good health without 
expending the effort 
required to earn it.

I need to patiently work

with the body I have,
instead of wishing for 
another better one
which doesn't need
so much care.

I need to accept

my limitations instead
of denying them.

I need to patiently 

take the time to 
refill my bucket
and sow my field.

I need to finally learn

these simple lessons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment