Thursday, February 1, 2018

Grateful for Weaknesses

by Cheryl Merrick

Blessed with an astounding intuitive ability
to see and foresee patterns of human behavior, 
I feel humbly grateful.

Preferring intuition over sensing

also makes me astoundingly weak
in handling the many details of life.

This weakness has brought me 

tears, frustration, embarrassment
and finally to my knees 
humbly begging God for His help
in coping with the small things
that others do so easily.


Though I soar on eagle's wings

though the world of thought,
noting patterns and eternal principles, 
I'm a clumsy waddling bird on land.

My hands shake when doing math,

my stomach does flip flops 
when folding a basket of laundry,
and my head aches when ordering online.

I'm often embarrassed when someone, 

seeing my writing or hearing my ideas,
therefore assumes I can easily do 
some simple secretarial task. 

More often, people see my pathetic attempts

to do something they could do well 
when they were a small child,
and assume that I'm incapable of doing anything.

Yes, it is hard and humbling, 

but without my weaknesses:
Could I learn compassion?
Could I resist pride?
Would I turn to God?






No comments:

Post a Comment