Monday, October 9, 2017

Balancing

By Cheryl Merrick

Ever seeking to balance
my longing to help others,
     with my need to recharge;
my desire to interact
     with my yearning for solitude;
my joy in experiencing the world
    with my drive to analyze it;
my dedication in applying concepts
    with my thirst to discover principles;

my enjoyment of activity
    with my need for stillness;
my implementation of details
    with my craving for the whole picture;
my devotion in giving others support
    with the aching to nurture myself;
my drive to implement knowledge
    with my hunger to understand it;
my satisfaction in accomplishment
    with the refreshment of meditation;
I move gracefully
    between the inner and outer worlds;
    between giving out and taking in;
    between loving others and nurturing self;
as I strive to maintain
the delicate balance of my life.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment