Tuesday, March 1, 2022

How did I go in less than two weeks from wheelchair to hiking?

Struggling with exhaustion,
I came to a point where
I could no longer read
and could barely walk.

Knowing my life depended 
on my being able to take
my cancer medication,
I prayed to know
what I could do
to continue taking it.

Anticipating a blessing of strength,
I sat stunned by my answer
to remove everything 
which makes me ill
from my living environment.

Overwhelmed, I cried.
The only thing that I don't react allergically to 
are our all cotton clothes and bedding,
our metal furniture, and our glass dishes.

Day after day,
while fearing that my husband's
patience would soon reach its end,
I carried our books and many other things
out to our baby blue garage family room,
while my husband supportively moved out
his recliner, treadmill, handmade cabinet,
bookshelves, file cabinet, and computer. 

As our things found new places
out in our family room,
our home became more simple, 
and easier to keep the dust out.
Also my energy steadily increased,
and soon I knew that I could take 
a day trip and even hike --
which I did. 



Hiking a mile at Valley of Fire in Nevada








No comments:

Post a Comment